Georgia Institute of TechnologyB.S. Computational Media
- 3.13 GPA
- Key Courses: African Film and the Digital Narrative, Objects and Design, Design for the Internet, Media Studies, Video Production, and Computer Audio.
- International Study:
- Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya in Barcelona, Espanya.
- Bilkent University in Ankara, Turkey.
- with Rosa Arriaga, PhD., on the implications of BLUI (Blowable User Interface) in HCI to improve ecological conditions of pediatric asthma treatment, with a focus on low socioeconomic families.
- with Matthew Swarts, helping to teach high school students intriguing uses of isovist 3D modeling, as a part of the SURE (Student Undergraduate Research Experience): Tech to Teaching program.
Extracurricular activities (while at GT):
- Co-Founder of Gourd (a GT Visual Arts Collective)
- DJ at 91.1 WREK radio
- AIESEC International
- SOS (Students Organizing for Sustainability)
- AG (the Avant-Garde Society)
Icon Worldwide (Nov 2011-Present)
Position: Front-end Web Developer
Location: Buehler, Switzerland / Telecommute
- Responsible for ground-up programming of large-scale (Startup & University) websites, primarily within the Wordpress and Drupal CMS frameworks.
- Dealt with sliced PSDs for websites, facebook, google+, and twitter fan pages.
- Created intriguing information-driven Flash applications.
GT Literature Communications and Culture (Jan 2011-June 2011)
- Responsible for the accurate transcription of interviews with designers and engineers for a PhD. candidate's dissertation project.
Good Foot Promotions (Fall 2010-Present)
Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for the design and creation of promotional flyers for concerts and other events.
- Participated in marketing campaigns and street teaming.
Global Media Alliance (May 2009-April 2010)
Position: Webmaster/Web Designer/DJ
Location: Accra, Ghana
- Responsible for the design, maintenance, and content of media house websites, including radio station, newspaper, TV station, and corporate sites.
- DJ for 107.7 YFM Ghana's "Lover's Rock" Show.
GT College of Management (May 2007-Aug 2008)
Position: Student Assistant
Location: Atlanta, GA
- Aided in planning and coordinating of executive seminars and conferences.
- Designed the informative materials and stationary for the Six Sigma education series.
- OS: Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux-based operating systems.
- Software: Microsoft Office (and OpenOffice), Final Cut Pro, AfterEffects, Maya, 3D Studio Max, and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, etc.).
- Proficient in Spanish comprehension and near fluent in speech.
- Continuing to learn Catalan, French, Turkish, and Swedish.
- Assertiveness and patience learned from many years of babysitting nephews and nieces ranging from toddlers to pre-teens, and through volunteer work with the Big Brothers/Sisters of America program.
- Understanding of different viewpoints through many community service projects including the Soup Kitchen, Goodwill, and Habitat for Humanity, and through volunteer work at the Special Olympics.
- Cooking, security, and management service skills learned through volunteer work at various music and arts festivals.
- Champion of the 2006 LUL Poetry Slam
- Winner of the SOS T-Shirt Design Contest
- Awarded the 2008 Randy Rhoads Scholarship for outstanding character and academic diligence.